BDVA – Big Data Value Association
The Big Data Value Association (BDVA) is a non-profit organisation with members from research and industry. It aims to boost European Big Data value research, development and innovation. That means it improves industrial competitiveness of Europe through innovative Big Data value technologies, applications, and services. BDVA promotes the uptake of Big Data value technologies and services. Members collaborate with the European Commission and establish a Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
One interesting activity is the development and implementation of a strategic roadmap for research, technological development and innovation in Big Data. The name of this document is the ‘European Big Data Value Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda. It explains the strategic importance of Big Data and describes the data value chain. The roadmap further includes an analysis of strength and opportunities, but also of weaknesses and threads. Most notably it contains details of a vision for Big Data in Europe in 2020.
BDVA operates through the following ten task forces:
- 1. Programme: Contributions to the H2020 Programme with content of the big data value PPP
- 2. Impact: Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the impact of big data value PPP
- 3. Community: Big Data community engagement
- 4. Communication: Communication plan about BDVA activities
- 5. Legal: Bridge Big Data technology with legal and policy issues
- 6. Technical: Identify and refine technical challenges of the programme
- 7. Application: Domain usage group to influence other task forces (e.g. Telcoms)
- 8. Business: Understand business and economic influences (e.g. Web Entrepreneurs)
- 9. Societal: Examining societal impact on business and citizens
- 10. Skills and Education: Discuss skills of knowledge workers
More Information about BDVA
More Information about this topic can be found here. The following video also provides more information about this topic: